Gmail is one of the most popular and widely used email services utilized by millions of people around the world. This email service enables the users to get messages, notifications, and promotions to various services. One needs to have an account on Gmail to access it from any of their devices. The users can easily open the Gmail account from different devices such as a smartphone, computer, laptop and more.
If you already have an account on Gmail, you can easily log into it using the login credentials. If you are not aware of the Gmail login procedure, we are here to help you, folks. In this post, we have even included the steps to recover your forgotten Gmail password. On Gmail, we have a security feature namely 2-step verification that lets you provide an additional layer for your account safety. Check it out!
Gmail Login – How to Sign into Gmail Account?
There are different ways to log into your Gmail account on different devices. Some of the wireless devices through which you can log into your Gmail account include Android, iOS, web and other devices.
1. Login via Web
Follow the simple steps provided below that help the users to log into your Gmail account:
- First of all, visit the Gmail website on your web browser.
- Click the Sign in button present on the home screen of your device.
- After tapping the Sign in button, you will get a screen wherein you need to enter the crucial details.
- Fill in the details such as Email and Password in the respective fields.
- Hit the Sign in button and you will be logged into your Gmail account.
- That’s all! This is the simple way to log into your Gmail account through the web.
2. Login Gmail on iOS
Check out the simple steps provided below to log into your Gmail account from your iOS device:
- First of all, go to Settings from the home screen of your iOS device.
- Just navigate to Mail, Contacts, Calendar option from the settings.
- You can then find the option ‘Add Account’.
- From the list of options, you can select Google when you are prompted to choose the email provider.
- You need to type your Gmail username and password in the respective fields and hit the Sign in button.
- You can then successfully log into your Gmail account from your iOS device.
- From then, you can get all the email notifications with much ease.
3. Login Gmail on Android Device
Follow the easy steps provided below to log into your Gmail account from your Android mobile device:
- First of all, go to the home screen of your Android device and tap the Gmail icon.
- Tap the Menu button on your Android device to view the extra options.
- Hit the Accounts tab and select the option ‘Add Account’.
- You can simply follow the on-screen instructions to log into an extra account on your Android device.
- You have now successfully logged into both the Gmail accounts.
How to Recover Forgotten Gmail Password?
Follow the simple steps provided below to recover your forgotten Gmail password:
One can easily recover a Google or Gmail account with simple tricks and tips. In order to recover your account, you need to go to the Google’s Account Recovery Page. Select the option that says ‘I don’t know my password’. Type the Gmail id in the provided field and hit the Continue button. In case, you have linked a phone number to your Gmail account, you will get a verification code as a text message to your registered mobile number. Otherwise, you can answer the security questions in the section ‘Verify your identity’.
How to Enable Gmail Two-Step Verification?
The 2-step verification on Gmail provides an extra layer of security to your Google account. If you allow this two-step verification, you must type your password whilst Gmail Sign in. You will then get a code to your registered phone number through a text message or phone call.
If you type the code in the corresponding field, only then you can obtain your Google account. Before approving this verification, we recommend you to alter your present Google password. Follow the easy steps provided below to activate or turn on the two-step verification.
- First of all, navigate to the 2-step verification web page from your Gmail/ Google account.
- On that web page, you need to hit the button ‘Get Started’.
- You can then log into your Google account through the login details.
- Type the phone number that you want to apply for this verification process.
- From the two options, you can pick anyone i.e., text message or phone call.
- You can then tap the button that says ‘Try it’.
- A code will get to your mobile phone by a text message.
- Type the code in the prompt field and click the Next button.
- On the next page, you need to tap ‘Turn On’ button and go back to the 2-step verification web page.
- Tap the authenticator app so as to set up the app.
- You need to select your mobile platform and download the app.
- Just set up the Authenticator app and scan the barcode with the help of your mobile phone.
- Type the verification code in the prompt field.
- That’s all! This is the easy process to activate your 2-step verification for your Gmail account.
That’s it! This is everything you need to know about Gmail login sign in. For more doubts and queries, ask us through the comments section.